Raise your hand if you LOVED these thin Chip Chatter letters! Raise both hands if you still have some!
Not only do these alphas look dated and frumpy, removing the adhesive backing revealed that there was no adhesive left!
Let's give these alphas an update!
- Start by brushing a thin layer of gesso over letters, let dry (use a heat gun to speed up process!)
- Paint a soft pink with Distress Paint (I am using Spun Sugar)
- Once paint is dry, spread a thin layer of Best Glue Ever using your fingertip
- Now it's time to add some glitter! Use a nice chunky iridescent glitter that will pick up some of that pink color we just painted!
- I also like to glitter items in a coffee filter, no static electricity and super easy to pour excess back in glitter jar.
And just like that, I have these stunning glittered letters to use on an upcoming Valentine's project! So take some time to go shopping in your stash and give those old embellishments a makeover with ScraPerfect!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today - have a creative weekend!