Sunday, December 3, 2017

Country Christmas Spools Made With The Best Glue Ever

Hello there,
welcome to the ScraPerfect blog.

Michelle here with you to share a quick tutorial
on how I made these adorable
Country Christmas Spools
using the Best Glue Ever & No-Clog Writing Cap.


I have discovered that I love crafting with bottle brush trees.
Having had some stored away for many years, I began using them last Christmas to make some decorations, and did the same this year.

I was inspired by the adorable Christmas spools I have seen on Pinterest,
and thought I would it a try.

I used medium size wooden spools I found at Hobby Lobby.
And wanting to keep the design somewhat minimal, I used the pattern side as well as the design side from one cardstock sheet 
from Prima's Sweet Peppermint Collection.

First I covered each spool with heavy white gesso, followed by spritzing
with a metallic, shimmery mist in an antique gold color.

Once the spools had dried completely, 
I measured, cut & used a distressing tool 
on the edges the patterned paper 
before applying the Best Glue Ever 
using a No-Clog Writing Cap,
to adhere the first piece of paper.
I repeated this same procedure to add 
smaller decorative strip over the patterned paper.




As you can see by the 2nd photo in this set,
the No-Clog Writing Cap allows the application
of the Best Glue Ever to be precise,
instead of overusing.

Here's some really cool facts about the No-Clog Writing Cap
they come in 3 sizes S-M-L,
that will work with many different mediums. 
It can even be used on acrylic paint bottles
as a writing tool, no brush needed.

Once I had applied both layers of the paper, 
I used both green & red bakers twine, 
tied around each spool.
I then added a small dollop of 
the Best Glue Ever for added security
to hold the twine in place.
To finish, I added a small red
paper rose to the center of each bow.


Final step, I once again used the Best Glue Ever
to secure the trees to the top of each spool.


One of the easiest & quickest projects
I have ever done.
And they are so cute too!



To purchase the Best Glue Ever, No-Clog Writing Cap
or any of the innovative products from ScraPerfect,
visit the online store through the following link.

http://scraperfect.com


For video tutorials,
visit ScraPerfect's YouTube page
and be amazed!

https://www.youtube.com/user/scraperfect


And be sure to subscribe to
this blog, so you can stay up to date
with projects & product information.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Until next time......Happy Crafting!



Michelle Wells





1 comment:

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.